The extraterrestrial has been a real trend for a pretty long time now on fashion blogs, so I desided to make an tutorial about how to get a galaxy print on your nails. I think it turned out so pretty and it is really not hard to do. I will basically explain how you recreate this yourself in twelve steps.
Things you will need.
- Nailpolished in black, white, shimmery white, red, purple and blue and something with sparkles in it.
Nailpolish that I used are from Mavala, Hema, Bourjous, Etos.
- A sponge, I just used one you are supposed to clean with and cut a little piece of it.
- A dotting tool (Nail art pen, toothpick or skewer)
- Nail polish remover and some cotton swabs.
- Clean your nails with polish remover, it will make you nail polish last longer.
- Cut off a little piece off your sponge (1x1x3cm).
- Apply a base coat of your choice.
- Paint all your nails black and let them dry (I prefer doing two layers so it is really pigmented).
- Take the glitter black polish and put in all over your nails for a starry effect.
- Take the shimmery white polish and put some of it on a paper, then take your sponge and dip it in (make sure there is not too much polish on your sponge). Now just randomly put it on some places on your nails.
- Do the same thing with the red, blue, purple colors, make sure it is random and not one color all over your nails.
- For the "stars", use the white polish and your dotting tool to make little dots on different places of your nails.
- Take any glittery nail polish you like and put it one some off your nails to get an extra shimmery effect.
- Finish of with a topcoat.
- Let your nails dry completely.
- Clean up any mistakes with the polish remover and make sure there is only polish on your nails and not all over your hands.
I hope you liked this tutorial and if you still have any questions just ask.